Recap: 2021 Annual Meeting
More than 100 dairy farmers and industry members joined ODPA for its Annual Meeting. Presentations and speakers included:
Milk Pricing Panel Discussion
What should future milk pricing look like? How does dairy policy need to change? What changes are coming to the Farm Bill? The expert panel below addressed these questions and more. Click here to watch the recording.
- Karl Wedemeyer, moderator – Ohio dairy farmer, ODPA legislative committee chair, DFA member
- Chris Wolf - dairy economist, Cornell University
- Mike McCully – dairy economist, President of The McCully Group
- Mike Brown – dairy economist, Director - Dairy Supply Chain, Manufacturing Division, Kroger
- Erick Metzger – General Manager, National All-Jersey Inc.
Scott Higgins, ODPA CEO, along with Jen Lynch and Kevin DeWine, provided and update on issues the Association is tackling on behalf of Ohio’s dairy farmers.
Dairy Checkoff Update
Jenny Crabtree, American Dairy Association Mideast, shared how checkoff is reaching the next generation of consumers to build trust and increase dairy sales and introduced the Reset Yourself with Dairy campaign.
Environmental Stewardship & Sustainability
Chris Kopman, General Manager of Newtrient, shared the plans underway to meet the dairy community's sustainability goals with an eye on generating a new revenue stream for dairy farmers.