Advocacy Update: Legislation
The mission of ODPA is simple: to serve as a collective voice for Ohio’s dairy farmers to address state and federal issues related to animal care, the environment, GMO labeling, school meals, trade, transportation, energy and taxes that affect Ohio’s dairy farm families.
On your behalf, ODPA is:
- Educating legislators about the Dairy PRIDE Act and encouraging FDA to take enforcement action against the misuse of dairy food names on plant-based imitators.
- Corresponding with congressional staff regarding USMCA and other international trade policies, as well as the Farm Workforce Modernization Act.
- Working with the National Milk Producers Federation to support the School Milk Nutrition Act and Whole Milk for Healthy Kids Act. Both bills offer a bipartisan solution by providing students healthy, nutrient-rich dairy options in schools.
- Submiting testimony in collaboration with other livestock groups to support Ohio House Bill 7 and Ohio Senate Bill 2. These bills seek to establish funding and coordinate efforts to protect and restore Ohio’s waterways.
- Collaborating with the agriculture community to support Ohio House Bill 183, which authorizes a nonrefundable income tax credit for beginning farmers and those who sell or rent agricultural assets
Click here to learn more about ODPA's advocacy efforts.